View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
04blueram is on a distinguished road
Default '04 Ram 1500 front axle trouble

First off, I'm new to the site, so Hello All!!!

I bought my '04 reg cab Ram 1500 4x4 4.7L about 8 months ago with what I am guessing is about a 3" lift. I took it out in the local sand dune area over the summer (Silver Lake, MI) and it handled/drove beautifully. I took a break for a bit, then was just taking off and taking it easy and something snapped. I had no drive from any of the wheels. Once I took it out of 4wd, I had drive from the rear wheels again. My thought was that I had snapped the chain in the transfer case or something.... I recently took it to a local shop to have it checked out and they quoted me $6,000 to fix it! They said the problem was that the angle from the front differential to the wheel hubs was too great. To fix the problem they told me I would need some sort of lowering bracket for the differential. I don't know the brand of lift kit or who installed it so I have no reference point to start with. Can someone please give me some advice on what to do here? I would really appreciate any information that anyone can give me.
Thanks in advance!!
-Mike
Sponsored links