Ok, I decided to put a thread here showing what I was able to achieve using my rug doctor machine with hand tool. If you're not aware of what a rug doctor is, it's basically rug cleaning machine that can be rented from most hardware and grocery stores. I decided to buy mine as I got to lazy in going back and forth to the store renting them. My equipment was basic:
- Rug Doctor w/Hand Tool
- Shop Vac or other vaccum
- 1/4 cup Simple Green mixed with 1/2 gallon water
- Upholstery brush bought at Wally World
My proceedure was as follows:
1) Vaccumed carpet to get big loose debris up
2) Used upholstery brush to dry scrub carpet to get up as much dirt and debris as possible.
4) Sprayed solution from Rug Doctor's hand tool LIBERALLY over carpet. I made 2 passes over the area I was cleaning at about 2-3" above the carpet. The areas was wet, but NOT saturated.
5) Used upholstery brush to scrub the area going both with and against the "grain" of the carpet.
6) Used the hand tool on the rug doctor to suck up as much solution as possible, again going with and against the "grain" of the carpet.
7) Repeated area if needed.
8) After everything was dry (which wasn't long) I vaccumed the carpet one last time.
Here are the results of the floor mats, both before and after! I was amazed!
As you can see, the simple green solution worked great! Considering you can buy a jug of this (which makes up to 15 gallons worth) for under $5.00 and can be used on so many areas of our truck, how can you go wrong! Anyway, the past two days where spent doing the entire truck, both inside and out. Man do I feel tired too! Enjoy!