Old 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram QC 4x2
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
MotorCityRam is on a distinguished road

Biggest gain for the money will be the gear change. That's almost always a guarantee. Next on these motors (based on the specs...I'm an old sbf guy) is going to be a cam. Headers too before heads. These stock heads flow as good or better than the aftermarket race stuff I had for sbf's. I'd be willing to bet there's more to pick up w/ a decent cam (flycut the pistons for clearance if you have to or refresh the short block and replace the pistons) and a tune than paying someone for ported stock heads. Do a simple tootsie roll cleanup on the heads.

Just an opinion based on years of wrenching on stock iron heads camming those stock heads, porting said heads, recamming the combo, new aftermarket heads, recamming THAT combo, blah blah blah.

Freddie...argueably you're not makin' a hell of a lot more power than that cammed combo I listed in the Hot Rod article and that was stock heads. I think you may be doin' it w/ a bit less cam though too.

2010 Quad Cap Sport 4x2 / Inferno Red / HEMI / 3.92s / leather / Truxedo Truxsport tonneau