View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:209
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenneSST View Post
Where under the carpet? You'd think they would have put a certain letter in the VIN to let you know if it is a real Indy or SS/T. I've heard people say that you couldn't get a 360 in a non Indy or SS/T regular cab, shortbed, 2wd. That's not true. I've seen at least two. I'd say that if you had the 360 in your VIN and the two paint codes, it is more than likely a real Indy or SS/T. Of course, somebody could go to the trouble of taking a silver/red two tone 360 truck and fake one. Doing so wouldn't net you much money, so it wouldn't be worth doing.

I didn't want the leather when I got the truck. I was going to order one with cloth. They told me that my truck and the identical white one they had were the last two they could order. Now, I'm glad I got the leather.

Also, I've never seen that 18 mpg that's on the window sticker.
Under the carpet beneath the passengers seat right by the jack. There is a tag under there, but, supposedly there is another tag there that says SS/T on it. As I said, I've looked in two SS/Ts and one pace truck and none had this tag.
Also...the wheels are a tell tale sign if its real or not...lol But, then again, I do have 3 sets
But, you could def get a 1500 shortbed, 2ws, reg cab ram with a 360. Theres one sitting down the street from me. People are snowbirds and the truck has just been sitting there for about a year. I kinda want it for modification reasons

And, I wish mine had the leather. I'm not a big fan of the rainbow colored seat pattern....haha.

And, that 18mpg on that window sticker...yeah, granny must have been working that day...lol

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH