Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 QC 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
kevenj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellzy View Post
Gentlemen - any recommendations on a good spark plug? I have 39,900 miles on my '07...and for some reason, it seems to be running sluggish and getting poor mpg. Was thinking of starting with the plugs to see if that helps.

Also - does the '07 5.7L Hemi have an external fuel filter? Or is it inside the tank?

Thanks for your help!
The maintenance schedule recommends replacing the plugs at 30,000 miles on the Hemi, because unlike the 4.7 (which uses double platinum plugs) the Hemi comes with basic copper core spark plugs.

I agree with the others recommending NGK; I haven't got enough miles on either of my hemi's to need plugs yet, but in any vehicle I've ever owned I've gotten excellent service with NGK plugs. Or just go back with the O.E. Champions, they obviously work well too. But I would stick to a basic copper core plug. Oh and remember you need 16 of them!

The only fuel filter is in the tank; Chrysler started doing this in the late 90's and while I think it's a dumb idea, it apparently works ok too. It's a very large filter. Have you checked or changed your air filter lately? That could be a major factor.

Last edited by kevenj; 04-11-2010 at 01:47 AM.