Thread: For Our Troops!
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
my VFW/AM VETs post in Lakeside California often has functions where they send vans into San Diego & pick up sailors and or Marines that have just returned from overseas & bring them out to our Post for a day of fun & food. It gets them away from downtown, where liberty call is just hum drum. Its a lot better than even what the USO does in town for them. We recently had a bunch of guys & gals that were about to make E-7 out for a fund raiser, they wanted to do a car wash, & those guys & gals were kept busy all day long & had the full run of the Post & I don't think that could buy a beverage or burger, even if they wanted to.
If you know someone in the military, remember that they have to buy little things like toiletries, disposable razors, tooth brushes, tooth paste, kool aide, gum, Handi Wipes, etc. Not every care package has to be cookies & candy

Support those who keep us Free
Thanks, GT. That was my husbands biggest request for his troops and himself. They couldn't get a hold of necessities/personal hygiene items. Most FOB's (forward operating bases), are modernizing, but there are still a few that are tent living, like Scott's.
Thanks everyone for the continued support of our troops. It makes it easier on us girls back home...until he gets home. Gatty is his vacation, r/r.....he is so tickled, we all are! Can't wait to "get away"!