View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Crew Cab / 3.92 rear end
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Stone White
Rep:917
Big Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to beholdBig Daddy is a splendid one to behold

Only problem with Class Actions is that the land sharks get the largest individual payouts. Then comes the handful of original class members who receive fairly decent compensation and only then the general parties of the class who split whatever is leftover.

Remember, a judge is just an egotistical land shark politician in a black robe who started out as an ordinary land shark - and in the long run the landsharks look out for each other first. Sounds to me like that suit is going where they benefit the most....

Having had experience in a class action if it does go that way the bulk of those affected are pretty much screwed. I messed up and failed to opt out of a class action on defective siding years ago. After the settlement was reached and the land sharks got their seven figure cut (for time & "expenses") and the original class members got their siding replaced, the payout the general members of the class received worked out to less than 15 cents on the dollar it took to replace the junk with cheap stuff. But one neighbor up the hill from me (who happened to be a land shark himself and knew of such things) formally opted out and kept his action separate. When it got down to crunch or court time the manfacturer who made the junk and the builder who installed it wrong wound up happily settling to pay for replacement with brick all around rather than going in front of a jury.

Don't think most of the affected owners are going to be too happy in the long run.

Marching to Mamasita's beat for a real real long time...

Dennis