Vehicle: 2003 DODGE RAM QUAD CAB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: ALTANTIC BLUE
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
BIG BOY BLUE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryxn9 View Post
that sts kit looks pretty sick, although it looks very complicated compared to a normal turbo. On some of the pics the filter was under the vehicle. Wouldn't that allow for water to get in and stuff like that. I understand its universal but it just seems to have alot of kinks in it. Just my two sense.
its not any less or more complicated than any other turbo vehicle. This kit mounts the turbo underneath the truck so that passing air will keep it cool & at the same time keep under hood temps as low as possible by getting that hot turbo out of there. I forgot where it is that i read that for every certain length of the pipe that has to run back to the motor from the turbo the air gets cooled by passing air, i believe an average of like 20* for the total length. Thats running without an intercooler. An intercooler is an option. Id personally run one to have it be as efficent as possible and get my moneys worth. As for water getting sucked up by the filter. They make splash shields to protect it but i wouldnt recommend the kit if your go mudding in your truck, just risking it, ya know. My ram is a street truck, the most it ever sees is a little dirt road to go ride the quads. I live dow in miami where the wet season is no game. Flash floods included. When i get it, im getting the splash shield & an outerwears filter cover, i swear by theose outerwears covers. Ive sucked up muddy water with my quad that the airbox gets caked with mud & you take off the cover & the filter is virtually dry. Awesome. Well i hope i helped out some of you guys with questions out there. I just like researching all this stuff lol makes sundays at work go by quicker lol :d