View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4X4 Hemi
Trim Level: 4X4 SLT Hemi
Color: Light greystone
Rep:54
Boubou will become famous soon enough

Got the tonneau cover installed. Took them over 3 hours to get it done. Nice clean job. I find that:
The tailgate cannot be opened without first opening the tonneau cover
The tailgate cannot be shut with the tonneau cover down or it will bend/damage the gasket
and also, at the front (at the back of the quad cab window), there is no gasket between the cover and the truck bed which when you look inside, you see daylight, I could see that being a point of entry for water. Which brings me to my last point: A sticker inside the cover clearly states that it is not waterproof and it's our responsibility to keep our stuff protected. Having said that, I washed the truck after, and wasn't careful about water penetration around there (I didn't make a point of spaying directly at it either to test it), just a normal wash and water didn't get it.
I would have liked a soft cover, easier to take on and off, light, but not secure on trips, I like to have my valuables under lock and key.
I didn't want the hard fiberglass type because not handy enough to open quickly for high stuff. So this was the best of both words.