View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 dodge ram
Trim Level: sxt
Color: atlantic blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:197
05atlanticblue has a spectacular aura about05atlanticblue has a spectacular aura about
Default 02-05 srt bumper cover over chrome

the srt bumper cover will fit over the chrome and doesn't need the sport beam to be installed. i've put them on two rams so far.

parts needed
-bumper kit 5030101ab
-retainer 5029625ac
-retainer pins 6502871 x5
-srt grilles, dont have the number off hand
-clips to hold grilles to bumper

1 - remove and save the 4 torx bolts (2 on each side) that hold the top cover on. remove the cover
2 - remove the botttom plastic air dam - 5 10mm bolts from inside the bumper
3 - remove fog light bezels
4 - scuff the chrome bumper in the middle piece (where the license plate holes are) from fog light to fog light as well as the chrome end caps in the inner fenderwell.
5 - paint where you just scuffed flat black - i used rattle can hi-temp bbq paint
6 - attach retainer to top of chrome bumper - all the holes line up perfectly

7 - test fit bumper cover, place the 5 pins through the top of the cover and retainer on the end caps snug the top torx screw you removed earlier through the top hole in the cover - it lines up perfectly.
8 on each side push the cover in slightly - through the second hole down mark the chrome bumper to be drilled
9 remove srt cover
10 on the inner fenderwell where the 2 torx bolts came from - remove the bottom metal threaded clip place the clip on the chrome bumper where you just marked. through the center of the clip punch a dimple - remove clip and drill a 5/16-3/8 hole - place clips over holes
11 put cover back on truck - put the 5 pins in and this time tighten them. on the end caps put the torx bolts in and tighten
12stand back and enjoy

then, you can get creative with the extra unused mounting holes.
i mounted amber led's and wired them to the turn signals.

Sponsored links