Thread: Front end fixes
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
armyguy2us is on a distinguished road
Default Re:

I had the honor of replacing my whole front end around christmas. We replaced the uppers and lowers, inner and outer tie rods, pitman arm and idler arm, bearings and brakes. I agree completely with going with Moog parts but we also were in a financial crunch. I went with the OEM parts from advanced and 3 out of four are still working fine. Unfortunately the upper on the drivers side was the first one I pressed in and it didn't go in straight. I didn't see it as a big deal at first so I took a BFH and hammered it until it was flush. Little did I know that it made the whole a tad bit bigger around the lip. 1 week later while I was backing into a parking spot at work it popped out. So that one got replaced with the MOOG problem solver and it hasn't given me any trouble since then. I do advise an alignment right after putting the new parts in. I aligned it myself the best I could but some unnessecary wear on the new parts. Good luck and I agree as well about the whole medical situation, my dad went to the hospital a few weeks ago and got the bill. He said he thought he was going to have a heart attack when he seen the bill but knew he couldn't afford too.