View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 3/4 ton 4x2 5.9 Cummins
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White/Silver
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L HO) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 245hp 505lb/ft (6-Speed Manual)
Rep:13
James Posey is on a distinguished road
Cool Recirc blend door Cheap Quick fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsarge View Post
randy dont hold out on us man how could we do this that you are saying because I would love to atleaast try.

will send pm
Caution Caution Caution. Air bag wiring exposed once glove box door off. Do not activate that air bag. If you are concerned. pull ground off battery. I did not but be aware yellow wiring is air bag. Do not disturb.

A few days ago on my 2006 Ram same situation. Blowing cold like North Pole. Just would not come out vents in any volume. I have a Factory Manuel on disc. Pull your Glove box door off. Simple to do. Look up in the inlet thats now exposed. You can see the top of the door for indoor outdoor air blend. The drive motor on mine broke the plastic shaft on top of door. Unplug fan elec plug. 3 screws fan drops out of the way. I was able to put contact cement/glue on seal area all the way around door. Carefully reach up in there and place door on outside position and let it set over night. This will put in recirc 100% of time but solve problem in 30 min if this is the problem. The stub of the broken drive sticking out on left side. You will see through inlet. Get it out with a long screw driver to pop it out of its fit before glueing door inplace. When I get the new door next winter I will correctly fix. Florida Fort Pierce to damn hot right now. Other than a bad kink in my neck from odd body position too long. Cold AC blowing like a Hurricane. If you need instructions get back to me. Your Glove box door has sides that squeeze in to let it fold down towards floor. It then will lift off its bottom hinges. That simple. Get the fan down and big access hole for your hand. Door is all plastic with foam on both sides. You can look at door and where it goes to figure out its orintation. It needs to be glued on correct side and put in place in correct orintation to fit right and cover outside air inlet. Right side has a 1/4 inch round hinge that will fit into its hinge hole to locate door correctly, put up in place prior to glue, trial run, then, once figured out glue it and put in place. I put a measured piece of wood cut to fit and hold door tightly over night while glue set. Put fan Motor back on, pluged in, nice and cold. Cost, Kinked neck and 0 dollars so far. I came to site tonight just to research if this is common problem. Got my answer first search. Only problem in almost 5 yrs aint to bad. Stay Cool.

Last edited by James Posey; 05-23-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Add Caution statement.