View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
borderbandit4094 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with new stereo install

I am trying to install a new aftermarket h/u in my 2008 Ram 1500 Quad Cab and have run into a problem that I can't seem to fix. The truck has a single CD player and no upgraded factory sound system (Boston).

The h/u is a Pyle DVD touchscreen unit (I know, I know - Pyle; I won it in a contest raffle). I installed my amps, subs, components and rewired everything with new wiring. I bought the basic aftermarket adapter from Autozone and plugged it into the original truck harness and wired it up to the h/u harness. Tried to power it up and I got nothing. I rechecked the wiring, all fine and even had the harness exchanged at the store and I still cant get the h/u to power up. I would plug the old stereo in and it powered up just fine.

I took the h/u over to the store that I picked it up at. They had one on display and I had them plug it up and test it. Well of course it worked there. The tech even checked the wiring harness that came with the h/u and it still worked. The guy offered to check it out, but couldn't fit me in till sometime next week.

I have installed quite a few car stereos before and have never run into a problem where the stereo just wouldn't power on. I am hoping someone else has run into this before or I might have to just swear off installing stereos forever.
Sponsored links