Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver and Dirt
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:20
03ramit1 is on a distinguished road

well that explains where the motor plates came from. i really want the 67 dart, but have not recieved a call back on it. so we will see what i end up with. for your detonation call up stu at inertia motorsports and talk with him. he is a great guy. he has been modding the hemi since its relise in 03. to help you could look at upgrading the coil packs to the 06+ set up you will need the valve covers and coil packs as well as the plugs. they seem to be a better setup for boosted aplications. eather that or look at going back to the long wires. it might help you out.

intalking with stu the timing on the hemi gets picky. i dont remember the exact numbers he used, but it was something like the lower RPM wanted about 25 degrees then it gets up in the 30 range then at the really high rpm's it likes to come down to the upper 20's. he has built more motors than i care to count. some boosted and some not. he also tunes the factory PCM's with the diablo so im sure he could tell yo a thinkg of 2 about the timing curves.