View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 12:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie 4x2
Color: Deep Water Blue Two Tone
Rep:432
MightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really niceMightyBlueRam is just really nice
Default 2009/2010 Exhaust question

So I came across this article an article on Popular Mechanics online about the 2009 Ram and I started wondering something. Here's the link http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4279138

So they say...

"Dodge says variable valve timing, a higher 10.5:1 compression ratio, re-ported heads, less-restrictive breathing and an active intake system, account for the gains."

So if it comes with an active intake system and less restrictive breathing, does it really make that much difference to put a CAI?

"The active intake system feeds filtered air to long intake runners when low-end torque is needed and automatically switches to short runners as the revs climb. The Hemi exhales though a free flowing, slightly louder exhaust. The large 4-inch exhaust tips are frenched into the rear bumper for a cleaner look. And all Hemis are backed by a five speed automatic."

If the exhaust is already free flowing, then how much more free flowing is an after market exhaust?

I know that guys who do this stuff and dyno their trucks see differences but I was just curious.

.[/I]

Last edited by MightyBlueRam; 05-31-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Sponsored links