View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
You may be onto something. If a Warlock is worth some money, then the SS/T could be too. I don't know the exact production numbers of LRT's, but I think their 2 year run is roughly equal to the SS/T. Was the SS/T meant to be limited production model? Judging by the numbers built both years, it doesn't appear so.
I read somewhere that the SS/Ts were limited to a possible of 5000 units per year, however, the demand wasn't there. But, what actually limited the production was the wheels. The wheels were produced by a smaller private company that could only make about 20000 wheels a year...lol Kinda cool.

Quote:
I remember 318 Dakotas could clean a 454 SS's clock. They were widely ridiculed for being slow, but it is showing signs of being highly sought after later on. Being a Chevy and having the 454 logo on the sides makes them a tad more collectible. Personally, I think the 1st gen. Lightnings look tons better than the 2nd gens. The supercharger will make the 2nd gens worth far more. I think the fact that the SS/T is basically the same as the Indy Ram is a strike against it. It also hurts the values of the Indy Ram. They really should have upped the power, changed the wheels, etc. to make the SS/T different.
Yes, the 454 SS's weren't very quick, stock. Now, with some modding they could be, but, then again, so can ours
But, the Indy Ram may or may not hurt the value of the SS/Ts. Really, the SS/T is just a continuation of the Indy Rams. So, basically, there was just a 3 year run with exterior changes.
I would think our 98s would be worth more than the 97s anyway, since ours have the newer style interior.

Quote:
I can't believe what folks are wanting for rust free non GLH Omnis. There are going to be a ton of GLH clones.
It is quite crazy. Who woulda thought an Omni/Horizon would ever be worth anything...lol

Quote:
I'm doing the same. I've kept all the suspension parts and even the original battery. I'm hoping you are going to be right and I'm dead wrong.
I've kept everything as well. Not the battery, but, then again, I never had it...lol But, I kept the stock airbox, ash tray, cup holder (I put a console in ) and all that stuff, as I said, just in case.

But, I'm hoping your wrong as well...haha. But, then again, it doesn't really matter to me. I like my truck and am planning on keeping it a long time. However, if someone came to me with a nice big check or a trade for a 6spd SRT-10.....then a I may reconsider

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH