Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno on Slate
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:44
hpc3 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hpc3
Default Ok maybe I'm crazy - funny EVIC happening today with mileage

History - I've had my truck three weeks today and up until this point it has been a major challenge to get anything on the EVIC mileage(historically) to go much over 12mpg, including a couple of hwy sessions where I could get ~17-18mpg sustained for 20 or so miles if I drove ~65 and didn't prod the pedal at all.

So schlepping around town today watching my ~10mpg avg I reset the gauge again and don't think much of it. Tonight I run a quick errand and now I'm averaging 14.4 or so. I reset it again on the way home and *magically* I'm now getting 14ish as I normally drive(pretty conservative but have a tendency to run a few rpms in 1st for the magnaflow's sake lol). I then drive very conservatively and my mileage is now ~15mpg, avg speed 30mph for the last few miles. What gives?

I'm not aware of an ECU that does any sort of break-in mileage or hour measurements(although the Dodge does know how many hours are on the engine unlike most other ECUs I've played with) but guess something could be there. I just clicked 800mi tonight, sitting at 820 or so now and 28hrs on the engine.

Is this pure coincidence? I've been driving it like my Cummins wondering about what mods I can do to improve mileage and ... well now I'm inclined to rest a little easier now. I'll keep tabs on it but I'm pleased to say the least that I *seem* to be able to get 14-15mpg around town without having to try really hard.

Granted, this is all on the EVIC and not actual measurements. I'll do that once I get to an empty tank and convert from 87 to 93 for tunes.