Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn QC
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:92
bones06 will become famous soon enough
Default This may help others with leaks

I finally got my truck back after 3 days at the dealership. Originally they said they found a leak in the rear window and it needed to be resealed. Well the trim shop they sent it to on Tuesday actually found that the water in the underseat storage compartment was coming from a warped Exhauster port. I never knew these existed on our trucks, but after looking they are there. If you don't know where these are, try looking at the backside of the cab between the cab and the bed. There are 2 vent plates back there and they can become warped leading to the leak. They said that the dealerships usually assume it's the rear slider/window seals that are bad and keep resealing them, while you still end up with the leaks. I know that others on here have been dealing with constant leaks and back and forth to get the windows resealed. So if your reseal has not been sucessful try suggesting that they check out these vents for the problem.

Magnaflow SI/SO Smoked stainless tip, Anzo LED Lightbar, Spectre Profab #9932 CAI. Euro Dezigns Xenon Krypton 8500k, Stampede Pocket Style Fender Flares, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, VHT Niteshaded Tail Lights and 3rd Brake Light, 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers MT/XD Spy Wheels