View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

USC Ram howdy from San Diego

there is very little difference in the '09 & 10 Rams, & the differences are the locking tailgate & the trailer brake controller, & the latest radio to come out the RPZ or whatever.
the only real change was the 3:21 rear end option

as to the california smog laws, you are correct, you can't delete or modify any smog component , except the intake & exhaust & that must be able to pass the smog tests, both visual & emission wise.
Now for the rest of the story, as Paul Winchell used to say
when you purchase a NEW vehicle, you don't have to get smog tested until when your 6th year of ownership comes up.
In other words, do what you want to the truck until such time as you get the notice to get a smog test & register your truck for year 6.
i wouldn't throw anything away, because you are going to need it again when smog time comes up, then pass smog, & change it back to your modifications for another 2 years, until smog test will be due again

I didn't type this, it was my dog, Honest
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle