Thread: A/C question
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:24
GUAMANIAN is on a distinguished road

OK, called around for replacement fan assembly only to find out no one carries them and will have to order. $118 including tax from local parts store. Then I decided to call the stealership just to see how much they would rip me off only to find out they no longer support this assembly and I must purchase a retro fit set at the sum of............................wait for it..............................$240 plus $15 wiring harness adapter.

After a few cuss words and some lunch I decided that since the fan motor was shot I could take it apart and see just what might be wrong. I have dealt with electric motors before (rc cars) and figured they were all the same. I was right, they were just with bigger parts. Once I took the rear cover off I saw what the problem was. One of the wires that attach to the brushes had come off (or shall I guess to say melted off due to the heavy load from what you all talk about). Needless to say, I rigged a temporary solution (till I get a soldering iron), put the motor back together and re-install everything.. Problem fixed, started the truck turned on A/C and plugged the fan in and WALA!!!! Motor turnes and A/C is cold on idle again.. YEAH!!!!!