View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
dave k is on a distinguished road
Default Adding a electric brake controller

Hi I' new here from the Challengerz forum and I just got a 09 Ram 2500 4x4 and am adding an electric trailer brake controller. I bought the truck used with 14,000 mi. It came with a harness (pn56045795AB REV:A1) for under the dash for my brake controller. When I plug that in under my dash I have a ground circuit (Dk grn/black tracer), Brake light input/output? (Lt blue/white tracer) Trailer tow electric brake feed (light Blue), and +12V Battery feed (white/red tracer). When I plug this in under the dash I am showing no 12+ even with the key on. Is there a fuse in the Tipm that I also need to plug in? Or do I add a wire out to the battery with a circuit breaker. I haven't pinned out the rest of the wires so I really don't know If I am on the right track yet. My Brake controller is out of my old truck and I cant find the wiring diagram but it is a Tekonsha and it has 4 wires that say Black is battery, white is ground, red is brake lights/switch and blue to my trailer brakes. Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored links