Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT AWD
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:38
xPUNlSH3Rx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaybackInc View Post
I currently am running this setup on my 2003 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. I originally put a Flowmaster series 40 - 2 chamber muffler with dual pipes going out the back. It sounded great but I had problems with the tail pipes and need a change. I thought the series 40 was rather loud although it sounded great outside the cab so I opted to go with the series 50 HD American Thunder setup with the dual pipes existing in front of the passengers side rear wheel. I thought this would be quieter, NOT!!!! The 50 series has a different sound, deeper and more throatier. There are 4Ē chambers in this muffler which flow incredibly well. I had a noticeable increase in performance but this thing is loud. I donít mind loud, my í77 corvette canít be too loud as far as Iím concerned but this is my daily driver. I picked up a 3Ē glass pack to use as a resonator in the hope to quiet it down a bit. I want to install it in front of the muffler but I havenít figured out just how to squeeze it in where I want to go. The fit and finish of this kit is great but the chrome tips could stick out a little further. I feel the exhaust comes out too close to the rear tire. If I had it to do over again I would call Flowmaster and have the rear tail pipes custom built to extend out 3 more inches to better clear my running boards. Definitely different in appearance and sound, it does turn heads.
I like loud lol...Do you have any pictures of your setup?