View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about
Default Acid etching and road paint.

I have some issues compounding on the front bumper of my truck. About 6 months back my wife and I both drove through a cload of white road paint on the florida turnpike. The result was white speckling all over the front of both vehicles. Almost all the paint came off her's with a claybar but it had been recently waxed. My poor truck on the other hand has been stuck with it. Clay bar twice now since the incident and I still have most of the speckles, including some on the windshield that drive me batty. I'm gunna try a razer on the glass but obvious that's not an option on the paint. What to do guys, I'm at a loss.

On top of that I picked up a bunch of bugs a while back and had been too busy to do a proper wash until today. Some of the bug splaters left etch marks on the front bumper from the acid in the bug goo.

Ugh!

The acid marks are on the front bumper only but the paint is on the bumper, the grill, the hood, and the windshield.

I need some options here. I'm also starting to pick up knicks in the bumper, ostensibly from road debris, that are turning into pinhead sized rust spots. I'll probably eventually just have to have the front bumper repainted but I'm trying to prolong the time until then.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.
Sponsored links