View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Quad
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:840
UltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to beholdUltraFlame is a splendid one to behold

CAI's are a matter of preference. I have always had one in my vehicles because I like the extra performance when needed or sometimes to play when wanted. I tend to never leave anything stock but if your application is just around town and the occasional trip you may not benefit as much especially at $300 for a Volant. If it were me and you are just looking for something that may help in your application I would say to just get a K&N drop in filter. If you had a free flow exhaust system then a CAI could be of benefit. Just remember you need more air in and out to really make a significant change to performance. CAI's will tend to lean out your engine a little and if you don't have a free flow exhaust to compensate then you likely wasted money. The K&N air filter I mentioned is not wasting money on a stock vehicle because it just simply breathes better and I think all vehicles should come with a K&N filter or an equivalent.

Just my opinion so don't shoot. LOL I may shoot back.