View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: white
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:650
chefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to beholdchefred112 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHemi View Post
I wonder if bearwhiz has cam/heads/headers/duel e-cutouts/cat deletes/cai/efan/underdrive crank pulley/ported tb/gears/dsp with custom tune/caltracs ?

In all reality, a CAI on an all stock truck just isn't going to 'perform' to the extent of the exact same CAI on a fully modified truck.

In all due respect, chezfred, your truck is unlike the vast majority of Rams on the road today. What works for you and what's worth it for you and your truck is, at times, not always applicable to the rest of us and our stock/near stock trucks.

The advice is nice, but not always applicable.
i know there are very few trucks setup like I am now... with that said, i didn't buy my truck to do what I've done to it.. I was like the masses, I didn't know much (all my engine an mod experience came from when i got my truck) all I wanted was a little more performance then stock.... took me 5 years to get it setup the way it is now, first things I did though was cai and catback exhaust... especially cai, i first tried the drop in, tried to force myself to believe that it did make a difference (it didn't).. I then decided to try a homemade cai with 4" pvc that did away with the hemi hat and drilled 4-5 one inch dia holes in bottom of box to allow more air flow... now, I did feel a difference there, then bought an ebay cai (looks just like the mopar,k an n, aem...), these are considered full cai's as it did replace the whole stock intake setup. Now I felt an obvious difference between that and the homemade. After that is when i started doing more in-depth engine mods that required more flow (hence the bfi)... I'm not suggesting to anyone that they NEED a Bfi/vararam... All I was saying is that there is an obvious difference between a full cai and a drop-in...even in a STOCK situation. Now, when guys come on here and ask for advise or suggestions, they can do like I did and spend a little at a time and buying only mods I could afford at any given time OR if they have the money (like i wish I did), they could skip steps (if they want) and buy the best that they could get. I gained all my mod knowledge on forums..MAINLY listening to the guys who have been there and done that and not anyone with just opinions on things they don't have expereince that. And because of my experience I have attained I was able to share and help people physically with their mods and not just say..buy this or buy that...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg install.JPG (66.7 KB, 16 views)
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 QC SLT: 12.107 @ 113.960 MPH

Last edited by chefred112; 07-16-2010 at 05:57 PM.