View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jweimer7 View Post
im lookin to get a new exhaust for my 2010, id like it moderatley loud but im really looking for the performance benefits. i been looking at a
Single Cat Back Exhaust System Magnaflow 16867.
what can i expect to get out of this system. and i am also really open to alternatives...

I asked a similar question months ago and never really got an answer. I agree without you that the most important results is performance (most important to me is MPG) but almost all the actualy reviews are about how great this or that sounds. I know it's hard for people to do a comparison as most don't swap out and try difference exhaust system but I find it astonding how largely overlook this aspect seems to be since swapping the exhaust is regarded as a perfomance upgrade.

In short, I'd like to know as well. Best performing exhaust system or a part for part basis anyone. What I mean of course is you have to go apples to apples (catback vs. catback and not catback vs. muffler only or whole system with headers). Anyone have any idea?

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.