Old 07-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:88
oh4ohyeah will become famous soon enough
Question Gibson Header Installation?

When I purchased my truck in October last year, the driver's side exhaust manifold was leaking. Since then, it's gotten a bit worse, of course, and now the passenger just recently started leaking. When I purchased the truck (private party), the previous owner included a brand new set of Gibson headers since he figured it was going to need them. The truck already had a Magnaflow "dual" exhaust installed. I have a decent amount of experience doing some DIY work on my own vehicles, but only to the extent of brake pads, rotors, suspension work, etc. but when it comes to exhaust hardened bolts and crappy manifold studs worry me. I'd like to do these on my own, but things like this make me nervous. Am I thinking into it too much? About how much would the typical muffler shop charge to do a "simple" un-installation of manifolds and installation of headers? These should be direct replacements of the stock manifolds, right? How long should a project like this take in a driveway with a decent selection of tools? I'm hoping that the Magnaflow exhaust that's on there won't need modified at all.

Thanks for the input guys!

Good Hood Fiberglass Functional Ram-Air Hood * Gibson Stainless Headers * Magnaflow Dual Exhaust * Nitto Terra Grapplers * 20% Window Tint
Sponsored links