Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
1BigHemi is on a distinguished road
Default Bubbling paint around rear wheel well

Hey guys, need some technical advice, My 06 is showing some bubbling paint on the drivers side rear wheel well, right where sheet metal curves to go into wheel well above tire, what I would like some advice on is that I have purchased some fender flares and am having them painted to match the truck, if i put these on would that keep wheel wells from getting worse or just cover them up? Unfortunatley due to current financial issues I really don't have the extra $400 to have them repaint these 3 small area's each is like a dime or less in size, but am concerned if i don't have it taken care of that it will rust out behind the wheel well, and I am not sure I want that either. Should I just lightly sand the affected areas, put a coat of primer on them and then cover with flares, or just bite the bullet and pay to have it repainted and repaired? Any and all ideas would be of great help to me, as i am totally confused as what to do at this point.

I've included a couple of pic's, for refrence, trucks a bit dirty but you can see the bubble on 1 pic and where i put touch up paint on the other, the orange color isn't the paint its from the flash
Thanks All
Keith
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paint bubble1.jpg (7.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg paint bubble 2.jpg (60.0 KB, 46 views)