Old 07-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
Jacqson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I am weighing my options for my new lift. (05 4x4 QC 2500 CTD) I've read countless discussions on 1500 lift/leveling kits, but not a lot on 2500's so I hope this isn't beating a dead horse. I only want 3"-4" of lift, as this is my tow rig and my DD, so reliability and ride quality are important.
Option 1:
I originally planned to just order a cheap 3" level kit for the front and 1.5" rear block kit, then wrap all four corners in Bilstein 5100's. cost ~$500-550

Option 2:
this kit with progressive rate coils and Bilsteins included for $1100 shipped
http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=253320564

I don't think using the cheap leveling spacer type lift along with 5100's would give me a bad ride quality, but I am concerned about the death wobble issue. Will raising the front 3-4" using stock length arms promote the death wobble issue I've heard so much about? I know you would need longer arms for anything over 4", but not sure for under. The other issue with going the cheap route is are these spacers reliable for the weight of a Diesel 2500 and towing?

I know $1100 is on the high side for 3.5" of lift, and I have yet to find anyone running these progressive rate coils, so not sure how good they are, but that sounds like a great kit to me.
So what do you think, go with the cheap kit or the high priced kit? And please remember, this is for a 2500 CTD (heavy) and solid axle, not a 1500. I've had a lot of people offer advise, but they all own 1500's and have no experience with 2500's
Hands down the best lift kits made for the HD's are made by Carli. He's a little overpriced but IMHO the quality and engineering are second to none.