Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:88
oh4ohyeah will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Good gaskets (such as the MOPAR gaskets or Earl's Pressure Master seals from Summit) make a huge difference in avoiding leaks.

Also, a good set of fasteners are a must. Many folks run into sealing problems with stock fasteners as they try to back out of the hole.

Try a set of Stage 8 fasteners when you install the headers. Once they are in, torqued one more time after installation and the clips installed, they will not back out!

You'll find that the driver's side will be a bit easier than the passenger side, especially from the top. Some shops will put the headers in from the underside depending on how much clearance they have to work the part in from the topside.
You wouldn't happen to have a part number for the Earl's Pressure Master seals from Summit? I searched their site and couldn't quite find the ones for my truck.

I found the Stage8 fasteners online, though. $55

Also, how would you suggest going about removing and installing? Strictly through the top, then? Any write-ups anywhere on installing the headers that anyone knows of? The Gibson installation manual seemed pretty thorough, but pictures along with the diagrams would be more helpful.

Thanks for your input, though! I just might give this a go with my Dad since he's got 20+ years more experience turning wrenches than I do.

Good Hood Fiberglass Functional Ram-Air Hood * Gibson Stainless Headers * Magnaflow Dual Exhaust * Nitto Terra Grapplers * 20% Window Tint