View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1994/98 Ram 2500
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: Flat Black
Engine: 1994-1995 359ci (5.9L) Cummins 12-valve Diesel I6 175hp 420lb/ft(manual), 160hp 400lb/ft(auto)
Rep:11
mlrtym is on a distinguished road
Default tranny shifting lockup

are you still having an issue with the shifting? we have different trucks, and your tranny is all electronic, but if it is shifting in and out of lockup, then i have an idea for you. mine was doing that, and after spending $3000 on a rebuild, it still did. i would get the trans temp light on and off, and when it came on, it would shift out of lockup - a royal pita on the highway. turns out it was the in-line temp sensor. i removed it and put in a sending unit for a gauge. to clear the idiot light from the dash, i used a 8K resistor jumpered across the stock harness. this shows the computer that the tranny is up to temp, to allow it to use lockup. during the winter, i turn off the OD to ensure that it will not use lockup until it has actually warmed up.
as for the AC, not a clue what would cause it to blow hot air when hitting the brakes. if it were vacuum, i think the only climate control using vacuum are the dampers, so it would not change the temp, just where the air is going.