View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
ramalamadingdong is on a distinguished road
Default Five Issues With Indy Ram

I purchased my truck at 6pm Dec. 31, 1999. I thought that the dealership south of San Antonio might make me a deal since the world was scheduled to end in six hours. It had 81000 miles and I paid $11000.

It is stock except for the lid. I parked it in the fall of 2004 with 132000 miles I did not want to put on any more miles and ruin its resale value. It turns out that they have not appreciated so I might as well drive it until it does which may be a couple of more decades. I put it back on the road last month and had forgotten how much I enjoyed the ride and the exhaust note. I am enjoying it again but there are some issues that I was hoping that you could help me with.....

A. It turns over for app. five seconds before starting, hot or cold, but runs great thereafter.

B. Mirrors were folded in while in storage and they seem to have lost most of the pressure that once held them in place. They fold in very easily once the wind hits them. How do I gain access to the inner workings?

C.The headliner is falling in the area of the windshield on back app. 7" but is getting worse. Can I glue it back in place, if only temporarily, or do I need to remove the whole assembly and replace the fabric? I may need to resort to safety pins soon.

D. The passenger window toggle does not work to bring the glass back up but I can bring it up from the drivers switch.
The drivers window toggle can also be touchy. But so far I have never had the glass stuck in the down position.

E. The paint is peeling on the rood and hood. Someone once told me that the EPA was requiring a switch to water-based primers in the early nineties but I have no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sponsored links