View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1998 ram 3500 drw
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: RED
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
flacrkr1ton is on a distinguished road
Default Story from my military past

I was stationed at Langley AFB Va. from 1983 to 1986 i was assigned to the 51st fighter squadron we were an F15 fighter AMU. We went on many temporary duty assignments to places all over the states and europe we were sent to vandenburg AFB Ca. for a training excercise during the time there i was working swingshift i was in the process of doing my bpo/preflight on my aircraft i had jumped my number one intake and crawled back to inspect my compressor blades and i heard a loud bang from out side i crawled back out jumped to the ground looked around the nose of my airplane and to my horror the aircraft across the ramp from mine had a fuel truck parked in front of it with fire surrounding it on the ground but worse than that there was an airman standing on the top of the truck[they were defueling the plane because a valve stuck open and allowed fuel to spill on the ground regulations require a person to be on the truck to visually make sure the truck does not over fill.the truck backfired and set fuel on ground on fire] with a look on his face i'll never forget every body stopped what they were doing and grabbed fire extinguishers and started fighting the fire long story short the airman was unharmed the fire dept. got the fire out without any explosions but the airplanes cockpit got full of water and myself and three other guys got to stay there for three extra weeks to put it back together. By the way there was nothing to do there and we were in tents, i hate tents but thats another story.