View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75 View Post
If you find that its the steering gear(surprise, surprise), pick up OFF ROAD mag #44- september 2010 ( I dont know how they can be that early, but oh, well)- check out the article on page 50- "Finally, a solution for '94-to-'01 Dodges" NEW DODGE STEERING GEAR. Its actually an original Delphi box with all new internals by PSC motorsports, and they also offer a sector shaft stabilizer bracket to prevent that all to common ailment. Ive been driving my tank daily as a service vehicle and they just dont make the lanes wide enough for my drifting front end so I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered the box and bracket, give me 2 weeks and Ill let you know how it went!

I'll be looking forward to hearing this myself. Are you replacing the intermediate shaft as well? Don't forget to double check the rest of the front end for slop as well!