Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: My DD is '97 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:171
rancherman has a spectacular aura aboutrancherman has a spectacular aura about
Default oh now ya did it....

I fully agree on why anyone would want to modify. it's in our genes to be competitive. To have 'one of a kind'. etc etc. I been there, done that.
The thing that strikes me a little weird, is this need to 'tell' whatcha got. Now, don't get me wrong, In here, is the family of Dodge users. A brotherhood.
30 years ago, my dual purpose 73 Cuda(still have it) seen cruisin on Friday and Sat night. Race day was Sunday morn. It was great fun to have a "340" badged 4 speed car. Only a very very few could hear in fact it was a 383 big block.
Part of the fun was the 'dance' that preceded any street racing.. those chevy heads with all their chrome, the grey primered fords... Cripes, If I didn't see at least 10 different chev chevelles (all red with black stripe) on sat night, something was wrong. ( were they home baking cookies?) haha
The crowds that parked in the big parking lots along the boulevard where we cruised witnessed many impromptu races. (I didn't always live here 'on the range'). I grew up near Waterloo Iowa. 6 lane boulevard with stop lights almost every 1/2 mile, for about 10 miles. perfect.
Anyway, almost invariably, a few would come by after a 'little' show, and would be asking 'whatcha got in that thing'????
It seemed like the less you told them, the more interest they had, and more 'gauntlets' were thrown down! Only my buddies (my 'crew' in todays terminology) knew what was 'under the paint'. And they were moparheads too. (everyone else was just 'aquaintances')
oh, that '340' badge really pissed off those chevy heads. and what REALLY pissed em off, when they learned it was a STATION WAGON 383.
What they didn't know was what was done under the Torker intake.
Thank goodness they couldn't see the Carter Competition Series 750 carb under the air filter, they would probably go and drive into the closest lake! (IT"S NOT A HOLLEY??!!??!!??) ummmm, no. It's not.
So, after typing this, and having the flood gates of my memory open back up from an era long ago, I guess maybe what is being done here is not too different from what I did 30 years ago... we are all part of the pentastar brotherhood, and are sharing what we do. For me, a more useful bit of info would be 'knowing' what each particular mod did for et's.
And if they were dollar effective.