Old 08-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Trim Level: SLT
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone with stock Alpine, Swap to Quality Spekaers but Retain the Amp?

I have the stock 7 speaker, 506w Amp, Alpine setup. I'm DEFINITELY going to be upgrading the speakers within the next week as the stock speakers are pretty distorted at low or high volumes, lol. But money is a little tight right now so I was wondering if anyone swapped out just the stock alpine speakers to something quality...but retained their stock Alpine 506w amp?

If so, how much better was the sound quality with just upgrading quality speakers? The sound with the stock amp IS loud..meaning even at say 28-30 (max is 38 vol) you'd have to scream for someone in the passenger seat to hear you. It's just not clear or crisp...and I'm wondering how much of that is the speakers and how much of it is the amp.

In short, If I can get away with just swapping the stock speakers with 6 quality speakers, component in the front, coax in the rear....and I can buy some more time before getting an aftermarket amp....that would be the most ideal thing for me right now.

So with that being said, anyone just swap the stock speakers with quality speakers and keep the stock Alpine amp and see a big difference?
Sponsored links