Thread: TPMS Good Info
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Chevy 3500HD
Rep:1287
RootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud ofRootBeer has much to be proud of
Default TPMS Good Info

Was at the Dealer today dropping of RootBeer for some work they didn't get done before I picked her up. Service Adviser was really friendly and more than willing to talk to me about my truck.

One question I asked him was about the TPMS, in particular the sensors.

2010 models actually show the tire pressure for each tire in the EVIC. The SA told me the sending unit is at the base of the tire stem on the inside (for all models with TPMS). He told me that when the tires are rotated the system "learns" which tire is in which position.

Now, regarding getting new wheels for all models with TPMS. The SA told me the sensor can be taken off the old wheels, but new Dodge valve stems will need to be installed for the sensor/TPMS to work properly. That is IF you want the TPMS to work.

Personally, I like the TPMS, at least on the 2010. On my 09 I thought it was kind of a waste because it just warned you that you had a tire low, but you still had to get out and figure out which one.
"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'"
Sponsored links