Thread: Im Hooked
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
92XJCowboy is on a distinguished road
Default Im Hooked

I went to the Dodge Dealer today to look at the new Rams and also a certain preowned Ram they have. Hopefully I will be the proud owner of an 06 3500 Laramie.

http://www.sandschryslerjeepdodge.ne...d00348ca8.htm#

I was pleasantly suprised to see the 6sp manual inside a Laramie. Its got pretty much every option possible as well as an exhaust brake (with the switch on the shifter). On the test drive I didnt realize quite how much power I had and spun all 4 tires coming out of the parking lot. Im going down the road and shift it into 5th not realizing how fast I was going (55 in a 35). You cant beat the feeling of rolling down the road in one of the biggest non commercial trucks on the market.

My only other diesel was an old Ford 7.3l IDI which gave me nothing but problems and converted me to an exclusive Mopar guy.

Im now in high gear trying to get a second job so I can get the loan before someone else buys the truck.

Any problems I should keep an eye out for? Im looking for a 06+ 2500/3500 with the 6 speed manual tranny.

Is it normal to still be grinning ear to ear from the test drive?