Old 08-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: My DD is '97 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:171
rancherman has a spectacular aura aboutrancherman has a spectacular aura about

on a 'like' note, my neighbor was involved in a fatal crash last week. He was operatiing his semi, and a car crossed the center line. Head on. He has told me since, that when a commercial truck is involved, the DOT goes through that truck with a fine tooth comb. Wanna know why?? If they 'find' anything, ANYTHING, that would have prevented him from being there in the first place ie: mechanical red flags that would have put the truck in the repair shop, or even though my neighbor was totally 'in the right'... IF his brakes were not set up properly.. he could of avoided the crash. Or if he would of 'fudged' on his log books, and should of been sleeping, instead of being at 'mile marker' XX. ANYTHING to go after the 'wrong' guy.
They went into the deceased phone records... and sure enough! He was texting at the time. My neighbor (for now) is off the hook.
What is wrong with our legal system?? besides the insurance companies! My neighbor will have to live with that scene in his head the rest of his life!