Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
phillymac23 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcorliss View Post
I have had the same delema. I have a 2010 ST (SXT) crew cab 4x4. From what I have found, there are two alternatives that reduce the risk of screwing something up.

If your truck as electric locks and power windows, from what I have read on this forum is that you can install the mopar remote start system. You will need to have the dealer add XBM and GXM sales codes added to the truck with the scan tool. The Mopar unit part number is 82212194. It includes remotes and everythig is plug-and-play.

The second alternative is to install an aftermarket system using the "EVO-CHR" interface. If you go to the maker's web-site you can see it being used in a Dodge Nitro http://www.bypassevolution.com/ . I think once you install this, you can connect your aftermarket system to this unit which "talks" to the truck.

Let us know what you decide.
I took at look at this device, if used can you install the alarm yourself? Looks like you plug in the T harness then plug the alarm directly into that no wire splicing. I'd love to do that and pay $250 instead of $600 I'b getting quoted. I found the device on Amazon for $60 and the alarm the local car stereo place is quoting for $139.