View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck
Trim Level: Indy Pace Truck
Color: Blue w/ white stripes
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:210
strang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura aboutstrang3majik has a spectacular aura about

basically...if you're going to use it as a truck, get a hemi. As others have said, the SRT10s are toys. Fast, good handling, and fast...lol

Also...if you are considering daily driving one...remember that the body kit on those SRT10s, just the piece that goes on the back of the front fender, between the wheelwell and the door, is $400 from the dealer. So...one of those gets messed up, or your using it as a work truck and something bangs into it...thats $400...just for the little piece. Lets not start on the rest of it...haha.

Also...that cool looking spoiler gets in the way of using the bed. Yes it comes off...but...

Basically, what I'm saying, if you're going to haul stuff/use your truck, get a hemi ram, if you're going to get the truck as a vehicle just to drive when its nice out and to have fun and to get 12mpg highway (thats what they're advertised at)....then, the SRT10 is for you.

I will own one someday...but, it will be as a fun truck...also, I would want the regular cab 6 speed truck...not the detuned, automatic, 4 door truck...which is still fast...but, not as fun

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited / 96 Dodge Ram Indy Pace Truck / 87 Dodge Charger GLHS / 85 Dodge Omni GLH