View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Rep:10
jamesbgood is on a distinguished road
Cool 2003, 2500 HEMI questions

Hi everybody,

I found a nice 03,2500, Laramie HEMI 121000km for the decent price of $13,900
Has a couple of issues that could make me reconsider purchasing it.

1. When the truck is in neutral and then I select reverse there is a loud bang coming from the area of the tranny. I have done a little research on this and it would appear the u-joints are in need of replacement. The only thing that seems different from previous posts on this issue is they would complain of a thud, when throwing it in reverse, were as this is a BANG hard enough you can feel it in the cab. could it be something other then the u-joints?

2. Quite a bit of surface rust under the truck, would something like this deter anyone from purchasing it?

3. when you floor the accelerator the engine spools up and revs like a mutha, but the acceleration is poor. is this something
that all 2500 Hemis do or could there be something wrong?

4. When stopped at a red light on a hill there was a thud in the back of the truck,(and no there was nothing rolling around in the bed) any ideas?

5. when turning left you could hear a creaking noise coming from the right side of the truck. anyone have this issue and is it easily remedied?

6. Bondo crack on the tailgate. not really concerned about this, but if i go back i think I'll take a magnet with me just in case.

if someone could offer any info on these issues, it would be truly appreciated.
Cheers
James
Sponsored links