Thread: my 5.2 mod list
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 12:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1988 Dodge LS1 Ram
Rep:36
440ram is on a distinguished road

Look into a good roller cam, they can give more lift with less duration making it more efficient and aloowing more power.

I would like to know more about the setup..ie, what vehicle? weight? tire size? etc.

Alot of these dodges cam with 3.55 gears, if you spend most of your time under 70mph, and have an overdrive transmission look into 4.10 gears at least or even 4.56's. The gear advantage will allow the motor to work less and require less throttle position to keep the truck moving, not to mention the hudge advantage in towing conditions and overall acceloration.

To give you an idea of what 4.56's are like in a truck with 31in tires,..its kinda like any car with 3.73;s and a normal 26in. tire, ....not overgeared at all as long as you have OD.

I would do a good CAI setup that keeps the heat out of the intake, full exhaust with ceramic coated headers to keep the heat in the exhaust and out if the engine bay, hollowed out cats for inspection reasons, and 4.56's or 4.10's depending on tire size.

and as always if your after MPG's weight has a big factor in that as well. 20in. rims are alot heavier then 15's, even if the tire is the same height. A mudd terrain will have more drag at highway speeds vs a similar all terrain. Make sure the truck or bed is not full of un needed trash of supplies.