Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 MegaCab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Phrede is on a distinguished road
Default Hunting for battery drain

My '08 truck started having it's battery go dead after sitting for about a week. Nothing has changed electrically prior to this starting. I have some electrical mods, but nothing recent. I first disconnected the battery and let it sit, no problem. I then reconnected the battery leaving off anything I have added that goes to the battery, driving lights, power running board,etc, the problem was back.

After blowing the 2A fuse in my meter and ordering a new meter with a 10A capacity, I have found that there is about 600mA draw after waiting a bit from turning off the key. I pulled each fuse individually while watching the meter (under hood lamp is removed). A few of the fuses caused about a .003A difference but nothing major.

I really expected that I would have found a fuse that made a major difference, that would narrow the search, but none did. I disconnected the power distribution/fuse box and the meter dropped to 0.

Now I am left scratching my head. What circuit goes thru the fuse box but is not fused that could be pulling 1/2 amp with the key off? I am thinking normal draw would be .040 A or less. Agreed?

Ideas or suggestions?
Sponsored links