View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
sterling500 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talayoe View Post
Oh, also made me curious, Sterling, did you have the seatback dvds installed or do it yourself?

What all was involved in it, if you did it yourself...wiring paths, seat tear down, ect..?
I did all the install myself. Headrest monitors were a snap. Just pull out the old and feed the wires down and out and put in the new. The center console on my truck had a small access slot on the bottom so I was able to route the two wires from each monitor through that. There was a slot on each side of the console. I mounted the control unit in the center console under the radio. There is a nice bracket to clamp it to. Hardest part with working with the radio is pulling the chrome trim off of the center console. Its a bit tricky and you need a thin plastic screwdriver to push the plastic clips back and lift the trim off. It took me a while the first time since I didn't want to break it. Everything else is simple. Look online for the backup camera option. There is a PDF install instructions which explain how to remove the radio. It walks you though all the steps.