View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ram SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:11
PB1500SLT is on a distinguished road
Default Gearing up for a visit to the dealer..

Well in my short time of owning my truck thus far, i've started to notice 2 noises that worry me.

1. Going over some speed bumps ive noticed a noise coming from the front that sounds like a bad strut/shock, as its a squeek as long as the front is coming down the bump, sort of like its related to the compression being placed on the shock.

2. What I think is either the infamous hemi tick, or an exhaust leak. Lots of people say they mostly hear the tick at idle and start up, but mine happens mostly during acceleration. I can hear a very faint ticking at idle, but like I said very faint, and i've had other cars that are way worse then that, so its probably just normal drivetrain noise. When I do hear the ticking, it's during accel, and you can hear it quite obviously, and its extremely easy to hear if you're driving down a road and there is some sort of median between you and the other side of the road. As an example, I was turning out of my neighborhood driving normally, and as i was passing trees on my direct left I could hear a ticking very clearly, and as soon as I let off the gas it was gone, and the harder I pressed the more audible it was, hence why I believe it is an exhaust leak.

Now as we all know, most stealerships will look for a way out of doing any service. My truck is an 08 with just under 48k kilometers 100% stock. What are some things I can do and say to the tech when I show up? My visit should consist of transferring the warranty to my name, and bringing these problems to light. I expect the tech to say its "normal" but i'm not really the kind of guy to take these noises as normal, so what should I have ready in response to this?
Sponsored links