Vehicle: 2010 RAM 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
SvB4EvA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geico View Post
I have it on my Laramie. Personally, I hate it and turn it off. I back up a long way and use the mirror to look way back. Can't do that when I'm looking at the ground. It makes no sense to me at all.
Unfortunately I dont have a garage any more, or a driveway. I have to parallel park every time I park. Also, I live in NYC, and parking is tight for compact sedans, let alone half-ton pickups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2dwiseguy View Post
It's primarily for parallel parking, so you can see the curb. I had it on my BMW and it was very helpful, allowing me to keep my rims "curb rash" free for the life of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind it on my Ram (don't have it either), but for what it's worth, the curbs have to be pretty big for me to rash my wheels with 35s!
Not to mention, I don't often parallel park my crew cab, but when I do, I found it's not as difficult as you might think for a truck this big!

Wonder what it takes to add this feature after the fact?
Exactly! I agree it would take a big curb to get rash on these wheels, but I also dont like rubbing my sidewalls on the curb either...

I'm also curious what it would take to add the feature... I think its really dumb that it isnt in my truck, it has power mirrors and the EVIC... Whats the big deal?