Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
RainmanX is on a distinguished road
Angry Bad dealer experience-How I ended up owning Chrysler products

About 8 years ago I was looking to replace my 99 3 year old Chevy Lumina with 32k miles. I wanted a silverado, and was looking at some used ones at Carmax.

Well I start looking at prices, and see that Carmax has new vehicles in Kenosha, Wisconsin. So worth a little road trip(about 80 miles away or so).

Fortunately I found a brand new basic silverado at Carmax in Kenosha for a great price, and they could handle the state taxes, GM card points, and it was in stock.

On the way up, a buddy of mine suggested we stop at this "Elite" chevy dealer. They had corvettes on the lot, and many camaro's (I think it was). They only had a couple of pickups, and they were loaded and outside of my budget.

When we first entered, they wanted to know what I was looking for, and what I was trading in. So I told them I wanted a basic silverado with the V8, 2wd, and towing package. They requested my keys to do a appraisal of my lumina before going forward.

So anyway, they ask if I saw anything on the lot I was interested in. I told them no, I was looking for a basic vehicle and have a high interest in the one in Kenosha, but would like to save the 160 mile round trip. I showed them the print out from Carmax's website.

So the sales guy claims that they can't sell this truck for this price, must be an error. I respond no error, and his tone goes from a smooth salesperson to a heated one. So he goes and get's his manager, who reviews the printout from their website.

So the manager, after seeing the information, told me never to come back, as I was "wasting their time". They found a similar vehicle local, but I would have to pay the transfer fees and they could have it in a few days.

So, now I have wasted an hour, and basically been told to go "pound sand". So then I ask for my keys back..10 minutes later I get them, and then I go outside..I can't find my car, the lumina I was driving that they were appraising.

I keep walking around, and finally I go back into the dealership and tell them I am calling the police because my car was stolen while they were appraising it, and my buddy is a witness.

So then they tell me to go to the body shop as they left it in the garage.

So..I went to Carmax and test drove the silverado. I really liked it, but on the sales person's advice, took test drives in other vehicles..I didn't like the Ford F150, the toyota was too small (and only a V6), and I also tried a trailblazer. The kicker was he recommended trying a Jeep Grand Cherokee. He found one with the 4.7 V8, and I was definitely impressed.

I thought it over, and a week later, went back and purchased a JGC. I have been a stout GM person, but the JGC performed well and never let me down.

Carmax has since slimmed down their new car lines. I had a great service relationship with my local jeep dealer (who was absorbed by a large dodge dealer), so I decided to support my local dealer when I bought my 10 Laramie.
Sponsored links