Old 09-14-2010, 01:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Light Graystone
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Simcik is on a distinguished road

I've had really good luck with Marvel Mystery Oil, SeaFoam (fun to use that one!), Royal Purple, Restore, and AMSOIL!

I too stay away from cheapo oils. Mobil 1 15,000 is about as cheap as I'll get. Just don't want to risk it, and I like the added protection of the fully-synthetic fluids.

As far as bad stuff? Well, there's lots. Most Octane adders don't actually add octane. (Some do.) Water-Wetter fluids don't work in modern engines with the thermostats set so high. Smoke-Away type fluids (more like honey) do more harm than good...

FYI, Rain-X is just good, ol' fashioned wax. Want a clean, rain-resistant windsheild? Use a cleaner wax and apply liberally to the windsheild just like you would your paint. Then, for a final extra special touch, apply some Pure Carnuba Wax. It'll keep your wipers lubricated (last longer) and keep you from having to use them as often. It also makes cleaning the glass easier in the future, since bugs and stuff get stuck to the wax, not the window... This process also removes water spots which some glass cleaners can't remove!