Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram CC Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rick980 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken99 View Post
Success! The photo shows the correct ITBM pin locations for the harness leads described by Netman66. I found a schematic in Dodge's body builder section labeled "Trailer Tow Module - Brake Provision - ITBM", which was a mistake. The schematic has A3 and A4 labeled backwards, which confused me.

The wires themselves are relatively easy to find, but you must remove the bundling tape wrapped around the harness where it forks for a large bundle routed towards the top of the dash. I found all three wires had small sections wrapped in tape. Removing the tape revealed bear wire. I am guessing these are the spots where the second pigtail is attached on vehicles so equiped. I have t-tapped into the lines and rebundled with tape. I cannot find a source for the small grey connector (which Yazaki part# 7283-5561-40 matches), so for now I will simply use speaker size bayonette crimp connectors on the 3 wires attaching to the controller.

Again thanks to Netman66 for his help.
Hey I have an early build 09 and after reading this about that part of the harness when I was putting t taps for my pace edwards locking tailgate I saw three or four wires that just had tape on them I thought oops a repair was made at the factory or whatever didn't check what the deal was maybe I have the ability to hook up a new trailer brake, I didn't give up on the fuel saver light and bam I got that. I could just put female spade connectors on the ends of my plug that goes into the big blue one and just plug them on separately on each connector. Then figure out the bus wires...maybe they are the same.